Chaco Canyon Eclipse

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

What an awesome location to shoot the annual eclipse on 10/14/2023. the Puebloans were avid sky watchers and it was an honor to shoot the eclipse at Pueblo del Arroyo.

Specific Feedback

For some reason, my intervalometer quit working for a half an hour before annularity. So, I don’t have a big sequence without lots of fancy photoshopping. What is your reaction to this composition.

Technical Details

Sky–multiple eclipse photos stacked in PS with lighten blend mode. FG is an HDR image.

1 Like

The image won’t enlarge – that happens sometimes here. Try going back to it with the edit icon (pencil in the lower rt) and delete the text that show the image and load it again. Don’t leave the screen until the thumbnail shows a link symbol when you put the cursor on it.

Now I see it will enlarge. You found a very interesting location but I’m curious about a little more detail – exposure information, focal length and camera? Why the magenta color on some of the exposures and not others?