Chaos or Harmony?

A product from last week’s Ice assignment, this is actually a crop of a wider view which was too “busy”. l was attracted to this scene by the repetitive, curvy lines, which are somewhat broken up by the straight diagonal lines. Regardless, it’s still high-key :grinning:

Specific Feedback Requested

Does this photo generate interest or represent discord?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony RX10M4, ISO 100, f/3.2, 1/320, 52mm (35mm equiv.), hand held.

3 Likes

Definitely generates interest from me. Of course I’m a bit of a nutcase about ice. What interests me here is that it IS high-key; I tend to look for high contrast ice images but really appreciate the subtlety of this one and the very fine detail “beneath” the larger elements.

Ice is intriguing to me. Kind of like watching a fire. I like the high key approach on this image.

I really am liking this abstract high key, ice formation image Jim. Definitely not too busy as the angles and soft curves all work in harmony together. No discord from me on this one. I only wish that the left side of the image was as sharp as the rest of the image but given that you were hand holding, it would have been very tough to stack images for edge to edge sharpness. Well seen.

Jim, this is a great looking ice abstract. There’s a good side-to-side flow with the big lines while all of the smaller curves get me looking throughout the frame. One thing I like in many abstracts is roughly equal contrast throughout (contrast is an attention grabber). In this case that would mean a bit of mid-tone burning-in along the left edge.

Thank you @Mark_Seaver , @David_Haynes , @kelly_cole , and @JohnSnell for your encouraging comments. Mark and David, I agree with your analysis on the left edge, good eye!