Cheers! + rework

just for fun a rework:

Wishing all of you here in the NPN community the very best this holiday season and in the year that lies ahead. Take care.

This is a technique I’ve played with from time to time. . . that being not only ICM but also intentional OOF using lights from our Christmas tree.

Z6ii, f/8, 0.5sec., iso160 @92mm (28-300mm), tripod

Love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

3 Likes

Linda, this looks great, a very warm and colorful greeting, perfect for winter’s darkness. Having the dark area in the upper right makes a great spot to add a greeting. This is the kind of specific compostional detail that advertisers look.

1 Like

Thanks, Mark. I do enjoy playing with the lights. I can see why advertisers would like it, but certainly not an avenue I’m interesting in pursuing. . . way to restrictive for me. Thanks again for your thoughts.

Wonderful and very colorful array, Linda… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks, Paul, glad you enjoyed it.

Fun and cheery image. Cheers to you!

1 Like

Thanks, @Chris_Baird.

Hi Linda,
Great use of Christmas tree lights. Really neat idea and certainly well executed! :slight_smile:
I think I like the second one better since it’s a bit brighter and the text fits better as well.
First one is very nice too!
Love the colors.

Really nice and cheerful :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks so much, Mervin. Glad you’re enjoying it also.

1 Like

Linda, I like the colours of the first and the writing in the second version. Did you do a zoom for your ICM here?

Thanks Mike. Yes it is a zoom. But it is a very intentional soon. I set the shutter speed for longer than necessary to allow for stops within the zoom. What I mean by that is I typically start in the stopped position zoom a bit then stop zoom a bit more and stop again. And that way I have definite in this case light images. I hope that makes sense. Thanks again appreciate your kind thoughts.

Thanks, Linda! I must try this, as your results are very impressive.

1 Like