Tis the season

Another take on a holiday season icon.

Like @Bill_Fach, I purchased this poinsettia. Did a luminosity mask to lighten up the green leaf a bit and add a curves / color balance adjustment layers. Also added oil paint texture.

Nikon D7200, f/16, 1.6sec., iso 317 @100mm , tripod.

All thoughts, comments, suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Linda: Oh this tis fine! Great comp and I like your processing a lot. Most excellent. >=))>

Thanks @Bill_Fach . . .and thanks for sharing your “oil painting” technique. . .just love it. . .trying to not use it too much.

Linda, what a really neat image and greeting to all of us here at NPN! I love the treatment you used in post processing. Very nice.

Love everything about this Linda. Wishing you and yours all the best this holiday season!

Linda, this is a beauty! The texture fits well and the leaves really pop. Happy holidays to you and your family.

Thanks @Shirley_Freeman, @David_Haynes and @Mark_Seaver; I’m glad like it. Take care.

1 Like

@linda_mellor - Wow. That composition makes a beautiful Christmas card. I didn’t pick up the texture right away. I think I could like it either way. Nicely seen.

Interesting and different take on a poinsettia shot. You can almost feel the leaves because of the texture you chose.

Wishing you a great holiday season and a healthy and happy New Year.