Cherry Blossom Bloom

We’ve seen a number of homesteads, run down structures and such in here. Here’s something different for the category–current buildings. :slight_smile: This was shot last spring as the Japanese Cherry trees bloomed. It features our typical dreary sky, but at least the smoke was mostly out of the way.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments appreciated

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Fujifilm GFX100, GF 100-200mm @ 190mm, 3.1 sec @ f/22, ISO 500, tripod, polarizer.

I wanted to get some compression on the buildings and the hills in the background while featuring the Cherry blossoms. Processed in Capture One. Processed the background to remove a bit of haze, added some clarity and slight warming.

1 Like

I like the contrast between the trees (nature), and man made buildings. You succeeded in getting the trees to be prominent.
Is this the Portland, Oregon waterfront?

A great image of the Portland skyline (I guess) and the cherry blossom. I like the cherry blossom a lot, and have had the opportunity to visit D. C. during the right season a few times. Only a personal wish that you have had included the neon sign more prominent.

Thanks @Mark_Muller and @Ola_Jovall, This is indeed Portland Oregon from the waterfront, or actually from a bridge over the Willamette River.

Ola, I wanted to get more room to the right of the sign, but there was something there I needed to block out…now can’t even remember what it was…

Thanks for your comments.