Cherry Blossom

Spring has finally come and cherry blossoms are blooming. They are the national flower and special to us, Japanese. So I took a vibrant and joyful shot. Maybe a little too vibrant!?

Specific Feedback Requested

Any critique or comments are welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes Focus stacking with Zerene Stacker
Canon EOSRP, Canon Macro 180mm, f3.5

1 Like

Not too vibrant - the hearts of the flowers are wonderfully deep. I like the contrast with the warm-colored leaves and background. With the whole bunch turned down I can imagine picnicking under these trees. Do they smell as lovely as they look? The flowers remind me of roses with all those petals. Many cherry varieties here in the states have simpler blossoms with the stamen totally exposed. I like that you didn’t sharpen this to death, leaving the creamy smooth petals that make me want to touch them.

Beautiful sakura - great detail (I like the stalks and leaf edges too), and the blurred blossoms in the LRC lead me down an avenue of many more. Wonderful!

Thanks Kris and Mike for your comments. Yes, it smells sweet. In Japan we usually enjoy the transient beauty of cherry-blossom under them with some or a lot of drink. But this year unfortunately we can’t do this because of coronavirus.

:disappointed: It ruins everything. Hopefully next year you can celebrate them.

Very pleasing grouping of the cherry blossoms. Color is spot on as well. No nits from me. Excellent as is.

I love the vibrancy of the flowers and the detail of the leaves in this image - perfectly set against an out-of-focus background. The colors of the petals in the cherry blossoms are lovely. Great shot!

Naofumi: Not too vibrant for me. Excellent work on the stack and a superb presentation of a wonderful subject. Most excellent. >=))>