Chestnut-Sided Warbler

I really enjoy Magee Marsh in Ohio for the Spring Migration of Warblers. This is such a small warbler, but really classy!

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D850, 500mm F8, 1/1600 with ISO 1600 handheld.

That is a very interesting looking warbler. And you got it in a nice unigue pose. Good for you. Well done on the exposure. Nice bit of habitat as well. I am not sure if it would look any better if the perch were moved a bit to our right bringing the c/o leaf into the frame. It may be a negative. Well done. it looks good.

Welcome to NPN, Jim. This is an excellent image. I like the angle of the perch and the bird is one I’ve never seen in an extremely nice pose. I was wondering about the cut-off leaf as well, but it’s not a big enough deal to bother me. I do see a minor dust bunny near the upper right edge that you might want to fix.

Again, welcome aboard. I look forward to seeing more of your work and I’m glad to see you commenting on other people’s images.

Thank you Dennis and Leroy. I am sure that you are right about the leaf on the left. Unfortunately, I cut the leaf off on the original shot. But based on your input, I re-cropped. I think this does look better! Great to have the critique, again, many thanks.

Hi Jim:

I think you may have cropped too much off the bottom on your repost. The hidden tail looks like it might be lopped off. I think you could afford to leave more down there without a problem.

A very interesting bird I’ve never seen before. But I live in the West and not the east. I like the pose and the perch. What I do see is that the point of focus appears to be on the neck and not the head. There is some slight softness on the beak and the top of the head.

Yes, focus may be just slightly off. Thanks.