Chocolate Chipmonk

A frequent visitor to my bird feeders.

iso 1000, 100-400 plus 1.4x at 363 mm, f8, 2000th, handheld, no flash, A7R3, 70% full frame

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details:

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Such a sweet little critter! I enjoy watching these tiny chipmunks run all around a retaining wall at our house - they are so fast and spastic that you are lucky to have found one moving more slowly. Anyway, I think everything here comes together nicely - the composition, the lighting, the depth of field, and the processing. The only thing I might consider if it were mine would be cloning out the yellow/black item under his feet or moving it and trying again another day. Since it is so bright and in focus, it draws my attention away from the chipmunk.

Extremely cute, David. We haven’t had one of these in our neighborhood in years and I miss it. Excellent detail and lighting. I think maybe a touch more on the left?

We don’t have these little creatures over here, David - I’m wondering if they are related to squirrels ? Excellent capture with nice detail of the fur.

Chippy’s are a welcome visitor to our yard too. The yellow object (screw driver handle?) is a minor distraction. Overall, great pose, lighting, and subject…Jim