Chokecherries in Snow

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Friday was our second snowstorm in a week (both are the first significant snowfall in two years…) With little wind and softly falling flakes, I had to go explore the photographic possibilities. This is one result, catching last fall’s berries, this year’s buds and snow both on the berries and falling.

Technical Details

R5, 100-500 @ 363, f/6.3, 1/400 s, iso 400, tripod. A 10 shot stack for details in both berry clusters and the new buds.

Very nice, Mark. An excellent composition. How did you handle the snow in the stack-just pick one slice?

Very nice, Mark. I do like the falling snow included. That smooth BG made the subject stand out nicely. No snow here in NC, just frigid cold (well, seems like it to us, 16 degrees this morning).

Dennis, I did some picking and choosing for the falling snow, mostly relying on Helicon and it’s secondary selection criteria of using brightness along with sharpness.

Thanks. I’ll have to look at those features.

Nicely composed. Has a ying-yang feel with the old berries/snow and the buds foreshadowing spring. Nice to catch the falling snow and good job with the stacking.

Mark: Just the right amount of movement for the falling snow and great detail on the berries. Really well done.>=))>