Iced Berries and a bud

I awoke to an icy world after an overnight freezing rain event. This is a look at a well iced cluster of berries from last fall with a single bud showing. My wife’s phone identified these as chokecherries, but they don’t look like the chokecherries that I know from the midwest. I’ll have to wait for leaf out to make a positive ID. A 20 shot stack for dof, cropped to 8.5 x 11. (R5, 180 mm macro, 1/25 s, f/9, iso 800, tripod)

4 Likes

Beautiful soft background really makes the chokecherries pop, Mark. The detail you’ve gotten in the cherries and the ice leave no room for doubt about how cold it was!

Wow, Mark, this is quite a shot. The details in the ice texture really is wowing me. The bright red berries are a treat in themselves against that soft smooth BG. You do such a fine job with the stacking, and ice seems to be your thing to photograph. I know you will be missing that for a while as the weather warms up. Excellent shot, and I get to enjoy it in the warmth of my home!

1 Like

Gorgeous!! Perfect for stacking, beautiful colors and the detail in the ice is wonderful!

Hi Mark,

You are the master of ice photography. A nice composition where the subject matter sweeps across the frame. The BG suits the subject too. Awesome…Jim

Awesome photo Mark, you really have the process of stacking down very well indeed.

Wow, so very cool (and cold), Mark. Well done.