Chorus Line

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

It was cold, snowy, and wonderful being in a winter landscape as it was evolving all around. It seemed like a quiet and still scene, except for the falling snow, looking down the Batavia stream in New York State, but the line of trees also seemed in motion. The way they were standing struck me as a chorus line, like the Rockets perhaps, at slightly different angles on a narrowing perspective. Their reflection added to the quiet drama. The edge of the shoreline seemed to be the sharpest element there, which added interest to how water meets the land. Along with the trees reflection, the shoreline both joined and separated trees and stream, adding drama to the composition. I was so glad I was there to experience this. Like with any image, did I capture the drama that was there in a way to engage the viewer. Any comments are appreciated.

Technical Details

Fujifilm X-T2, 16-55mm 2.8 lens, f5.6, ISO 1250, 100 sec. Processed digitally in Photoshop.

This is a scene that’s both chilly and very inviting. Looks like a great day to be out enjoying the snowstorm. I like how the view angles across the frame with the leaning trees adding well to that sense of flow.

Thank you for your observations, Mark. It was a great day.

Regards
Harvey

84CC6363696B42E0A8869C973083017A.jpg