Cityshapes

Sailing

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Sailing

Specific Feedback

This is my first ICM and thus I am curious as to where this is going…

Technical Details

Two different images and two different cameras

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

My preference would be for the Cityshapes image, Tom. I like the curves and the way each block transitions in shade so suddenly. The color palette also appeals to me in this image. The Sailing image doesn’t feel quite as abstract and more like a double image to my eye. The white streaks also feel a bit distracting for my taste.

Tom - very interesting images!
I like the colours in the first, and especially like the second, with the vertical lines and soft colours.
I’m guessing the second is sailboats? VERY cool!
Not sure what the white streaks are, but they don’t bother me at all.

Thanks Dennis, much appreciated!

Thank you very much for your encouring comments.

Tom, two fantastic ICM images! These are great results for being your first ICM attempts. Both have dynamic energy. The first one has awesome shapes and color. I’d recommend cloning out that triangle shape on the upper right.

The second image reminds me of a suspension bridge although the actual subject is likely a sailboat. The wavy pattern sort of mirrors the line from the top of the buildings in your first image. Keep up the good work. I am looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks a lot for your nice encouragement and advice, most appreciated.

These are both really fascinating ICM images Tom. I like the second image better with the implied sailing ships and shapes. I like the more subtle colors in the second as well Both are great, keep up the good work.

Thanks Ed for your valuable encouragement