Cloud Bank

Just messing around with a small pano to see if I could further extrapolate more of the TK8 functions in selective color ranges. The first image is the edited version of the second image (which is but one segment of the pano).

Specific Feedback Requested

The one thing I was unable to accomplish to my liking, anyway, was the hint of cloud matter above the higher visibility clouds that I cannot seem to make either more prominent or just go away. If anyone more versed in the TK8 panels knows a solution, or in any PS technique, I’m all ears.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes
D850, 28-300 @32mm, f/8, 1/800, ISO 640

4 shot hand held pano processed in ACR and PS, then used the TK8 panels

Chris I’m not sure I exactly understand which section of the clouds you are referring to. If possible could you upload another image where you paint in a circle or something identifying the specific area you want to tweak?

If you look at this area in PS, you’ll see it looks “fuzzy.”

Okay, now I understand. Zooming in really close to that blue sky in PS, it looks like there is some noise in the sky, maybe from adding contrast in processing. Deal with that you could try adding some noise reduction locally to just that part of the sky.

In the rework below here is another approach. In PS, I used Select > Color Range to select the sky, and then applied Gaussian Blur to smooth out the sky noise. I had mask that in with some feather along the cloud edge to avoid too much halo-ing though. To see this noise being removed, you have to zoom in really close, I don’t see this as a major issue unless you plan to print large.

1 Like

Good idea…I thought about the noise reduction but wasn’t satisfied with it all that much. Should have considered the gaussian blue, though. Silly me. Thanks, Ed!