East Beckwith in the Clouds

What technical feedback would you like if any?

I’m interested in feedback about all aspects of this image - composition, processing, everything.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

This is a 3 panel vertical panoramic. Camera - Nikon D810, lens - Nikkor 24-74 f2.8, ISO 200, WB - Clouds, f11, 1/200th sec.
(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Ooooooooh… this one really caught my eye! I personally love everything about this image. The textures, the grass around the water, the great foggy atmosphere, the color palette, the snow on the trees… It just leaves one with a really great feeling about wilderness and the beauty of it. Nice job!

Thanks, Doug. I appreciate your comments. It really was a special morning and it only got better during the rest of the day.

I like the juxtaposition of seasons in this image. The foreground tarn adds interest to the scene. I think that the panoramic format was a good choice here. The low hanging fog seems a bit too dark to my eye. I would recommending brightening it a bit and see if you like that.

Thanks, Brian for your comments and suggestion. I’ll brighten up the low clouds to see what effect that would have on the overall look/mood of the image. About 20" later it actually got quite dark at a time when it would normally becoming brighter. When we finally left everything in the background was completely obscured and it was only the second time I’ve ever experienced snow thunderstorm with actual thunder and lightening.