Cloud Pastels

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I had just finished capturing a few images of a lovely sunset in the White Mountains of NH and I turned around to start putting the camera away. As I did so these wonderful pastel colors were begging for some attention and I was not about to ignore them. I managed to capture a couple of images before the color was gone. All and all it was a beautiful peaceful evening.

Specific Feedback

I find this image very serene and relaxing. Just wondering what your initial impression and thoughts might be. As always thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts.

Technical Details

Nikon Z 7, Nikon 24-200 @ 200 mm, f 11 @ 0.3 sec, ISO 200, cable release & tripod.

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
2 Likes

The colors are so excellent Ed. You’ve done such a nice job restraining oversaturation that I have a tendency toward in this type of situation. Those dark deep blues up top and the soft pink and blues below are indeed peaceful to contemplate.

1 Like

The colors are what make this image, Ed. Well done. :metal:

1 Like

Ed, the variety of colors and luminosities makes this very relaxing and enjoyable to view. The darkness at the top contrasts well with the larger area of lighter sky. Congrats for seeing and capturing this.

1 Like

Many thanks everyone @Ed_Williams, @Michael_Lowe and @Mark_Seaver for the kind words; always appreciated. It was a wonderful way to end the evening!