White Mountain Pastels

There wasn’t much of a sunset, but after the sun went down, my brother Ed and I were presented with some nice pleasant color in the sky.
:vulcan_salute:

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Very nice color and both the ridge lines and their tones provide really good depth to this image. I am finding it very enjoyable.

Mike, you certainly got some wonderful clouds and pastel twilight colors here. It is a pleasingly moody image, which i think is re-inforced by your cool WB. I like sideways V-shape created by the clouds and the mountains. I wish I had the energy to shoot this sunset with you guys, this ended up turning out pretty well after all. Very nice.

Mike,
The soft and subtle pastels made for a very pleasing sunset that evening. Mine has a little more warmth and is very similar to this lovely image. I think the cool tones in both the landscape and sky compliment the warm tones beautifully. No suggestions from me.

I especially like the layering of the hills, Michael, the fading from dark to blue as your eye moves into the scene. The sky is nice - I just wonder if a crop from the top might also work, even though it would reduce the diagonal line of clouds ?

Thanks @Ed_Lowe @Ian_Wolfenden @Ed_McGuirk @Harley_Goldman. Ian, I actually thought long and hard about a crop, but in the end I preferred this one with the long diagonal of the pink clouds.
:vulcan_salute:

Michael,

Love the soft colors here. I also think you included just enough of the land to anchor the sky image and the subtle layering of the hills to mountains is nice too.

For me, this pretty much says to me, “days end.” that time when you’re pretty sure the show is over and it’s time to pack up. Always hate leaving… and unless you’re staying for stars, it’s time to head back.

Lon