The Prior Evening

This is the view that greeted Mike and I at sunset the prior evening from my last post. We didn’t have near as many clouds, but the light was just as exquisite as it kissed the landscape before us. I feel very fortunate that we had such amazing light two evenings in a row. As always I appreciate you taking a moment to take a look and leave a thought.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D800, Nikon 80-200 @ 80 mm, f 18 @ 1.3 sec, ISO 100, cable release & tripod

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Another fine sky to go along with some excellent color. No suggestions here.

I love the soft light and the tapestry of colours in the foreground. It makes me want to visit NE in fall. No nits from me. I think the pastel hues work well in this scene.

A beautiful sky with a wonderful layered scene below it. Makes me curious to see a bit more of the trees in the FG… Great to be there at that moment.
No suggestions w.r.t. this fine image, thanks for sharing it.
In the large image I think to observe a dust spot on the camera sensor, at the upper edge, a bit to the right of the middle. You used a small aperture, and then they come out against light areas such as sky.

Another winner, Ed. It’s a tossup between the two images, which I like better. Love the pastel colors and those clouds are to die for, IMHO. I also see the dust spec.
:vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute:

This one is a pretty nice image too Ed, and I have no suggestions, to me it’s fine me as presented. I think I prefer the prior post due to having the highlights of that beautiful alpenglow on the Whire Mountains, and the brighter clouds. This one here has a nice twilight mood, but the really sweet light in the prior post ranks it higher for me.

Ed,

Another grand and beautiful view. Of course very similar to your previous post, including a great and beautiful sky.

I could cut-n-paste my comments here about the autumn trees at the bottom. I do think though that in this capture, the trees are just a little too cut off for me. Granted, this image isn’t about the trees, but at least for me I go back to thinking, If you’re going to include something, then include it with purpose - If that makes sense. On the flip side, given time of day, lack of direct light, the trees hold less importance, so all is not lost on this beautiful scene… :wink:

Lon

I am a newcomer to NPN. This is a most appealing broad landscape. I connect mostly to the foreground trees and sky. So, I too would like to see more of the trees. The image is terrific as it is. Perhaps you have other images from this site that feature the trees more.