Clouds melt in the sea

At sunset while clouds are melting in the sea the waters are finally back home after so long trips and so many transformations.
In the sky and sea of Rimini, my town.

Specific Feedback Requested

I need help

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D800, Nikkor 60mm, 1/125, f/13, ISO 400. 70% RAW Converter and 30% Photoshop.

7 Likes

I think this is very dramatic and beautiful. I love the clouds and the colors and it’s interesting how like your title says it all blends together and I can’t tell where the water or the clouds start or end. It has a very uplifting kind of a feeling. Nice capture!

This is a great image. What a scene! I like the contrast between the blue and white clouds, but a matter of personal taste have you tried to dampen the blue a tiny bit?

Stunning drama Giuseppe! I love the mix of blue and orange. Only minor nit is the very dark band at the bottom. I don’t think I would crop it but maybe just lighten it a bit.

Wow, what a dramatic cloud-scape, you just have to love light and weather like this. It’s just such beautiful conditions. I agree with @Eva_McDermott about the dark band at the bottom, I would lighten it just a bit.

I think the image could be even stronger by de-emphasizing the highlights in the upper left corner (ULC). They are bright enough that they start to compete with the center cloud, and you want to keep the viewer focused on the center. I think you crop a slice off the top and/or darken the highlights in the ULC.

1 Like

Thanks to all. My computer is now out of order but I will answer in one day or two.

I have tried to follow all your suggestions, it

is any better?
Thanks to all.

1 Like

Yes, I like what you have done in the rework.

Hi @Giuseppe_Guadagno, this is a beautiful capture! I love the dynamic range and painterly feel you have created with it.

I think that adding a bit more of the land under the cloud adds a little more context to the image. I’ve cloned cloned in some extra land so you can see what that looks like.

In addition I cropped out that bright spot at the top left corner. It competes with the main cloud/subject as my eye wants to glance back and forth between these to bright spots. The rest of the top portion isn’t adding anything to the image so a 2:3 crop easily fixes all of that.

Otherwise, super amazing image!

Michael I like your idea of

a 2:3 crop. I tried to follow your suggestions hoping to have your approval.
Thanks.

1 Like

Stamp of approval given!

What an awesome, moody, dramatic image Giuseppe. I love how everything merges into one dreamy seascape. I agree with others about the Blue being a little too strong. I actually kind of like the bottom being dark and mysterious. It makes me look at it for a while trying to figure out what it is which is always a good thing with an image. I also like the intensity of the highlights in the main cloud but would burn down the HL in the ULC and along the top. I don’t think I’d crop it out as I like the composition. The only other distraction for me is the dark triangular wedge on the very right side of the image about 1/3 of the way up. it draws my eye immediately. Not exactly sure what to do with it except to dodge it a little bit so it doesn’t stand out so much. Terrific image!

David your good suggestions are referred to the original image or to the cropped one?
Thanks.