Cold Morning Light

Morning image of the light on Mont Blanc in Chamonix. Shot with long lens to pick out parts of the broad landscape. I didn’t realize the surprise of hikers in the shot until viewing at home on the computer.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is welcome.

Technical Details

Canon R5 EF 100-400 + 2x ISO 1000 f32 1/500sec

1 Like

Steve, A very nice image with a big surprise in it, what makes it special, My only nit is that you should take out the black in the left corner. It’s rather disturbing .

1 Like

Steve, the textures and lighting in the snow field are excellent. The hikers are nice because the show how big the snow fields are. I could see this as a panorama, with about 2/3 rds of the sky removed. The dark ridge also helps establish your view point, but is a dramatic departure from all of the snow.

Awesome image, Steve. I agree that black corner pulls me away from an incredible scene. Well done.

Thank you all for your comments. The light on the scene is what got my initial attention and interest to capture the early morning shot. The hiker surprise gave it a new interest. I Like the critiques about the lower left corner of rock and the sky and reworked it more into a pano. I like this image better for my collection which preserves my initial feeling of the light and the added surprise and scale of the hikers.

I love the new crop! Amazing scene with very nice tonalities.

Hi Diane, thanks so much. I appreciate your feedback. Since I am new to NPN I’m finding the critiques helpful.