Cold Sunburst

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

At Crater Lake in winter, you pay for the spectacular scenery with risk of frozen toes and fingers and awesomely cold nights. But its all okay when the sun bursts over the horizon.

Technical Details

ISO 320 f/14 1/60th sec

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

Delton: One of my favorite places on the planet and one I’m headed to in a couple of months. Doubt there will be snow like this so I envy you the experience and the opportunity. Perfect timing on the sunrise. I’m torn between your comp and wanting to see all of Wizard Island. Still a marvelous scene and a fine capture. >=))>

Neato shot of a magical place. I’m guessing that you had to do some hiking to get to this well chosen spot. WORTH the trouble!

Beautiful Delton. I love the sunburst and the golden rim of sky that offsets the cold snow and icy looking lake. We were up there last January and got a nice cloudy socked in day . . .

Thank you. Yes, the weather can be atrocious. Going back again this winter:can’t get enough suffering.

Del

Thanks Dave. Yeah a few miles on snowshoes. cold and prett

Del Y