Colonists

Oh you’re all going to be sick of me with this week’s theme. This is from November and it’s a 15-image stack of what I think is common greenshield lichen on a log stripped of bark. I liked the insect tracks in the wood and the tiny sprinkling of debris. The contrasts appeal to me, too. IRL the lichen is only about 2 cm wide.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I deliberately left the slight shadow in the lower left rather than making the overall scene even in terms of light. Some clouds gave me a natural filter, but yet created noticeable shadows. Thoughts?

Technical Details

Tripod
Focus bracketing in camera, probably 0/-/+ since I might have had a hard time finding the nearest bit to the lens.

Lr for all processing including a square cop and some work to bring up texture and modeling, most likely with masks. Don’t think I used anything else for the edit. Zerene for the stacking - probably a DMap with some PMax details added in where needed.

The mix of lichen and tracks in the wood look great, Kris, with the lichen set off well from the rest of the image.