Color Rush

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Just experimenting with ICM Photography

Specific Feedback

Subjective Photography !!! Is the color good. Can you see the movement… Real different for me but i’m always learning and trying to expand my creative side. Lots of great abstract photography on the NPN. any suggestions and ideas on how to improve is welcomed

Technical Details

ISO L10 Shutter speed open for 2 seconds f32 focus and then twist the camera clockwise.

1 Like

Kudos for experimenting with camera movement Gill. I love the red in the image and the swirl motion. I recommend cropping in to focus on the red berries. You have some nice color contrast with the sky there. The right side of the image does not add to the image.

Thanks. I thought the green on the right gave some balance to the photo. I’ll crop it some and see. Lately I’ve been changing my photography and music ideas. My technique and expanding new ideas.
Thanks for showing interest.

I see your crop and I went and did the same thing and cropped on the top. I think you are right.
Thanks.

1 Like

That really caught my eye on the main page Gil! I think it is a really nice abstract piece. It came together as a really nice composition. Might recommend dialing back the red a little bit, it is more saturated than the rest of the color, but i dont know, its what drew me to the shot to begin with.

Thanks. I didn’t change the colors that much. Used my contrast filter and curves filter to help the photo pop out. Trying to get the motion in the photo was my main objective. The Flow of Light.
Thanks again. Lots of great photographers and photography on the NPN. It blows me away. We all have something to say visually. That’s the coolest part. :camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash:

1 Like

I think you definitely accomplished your objective. I like that term ‘flow of light’

I’m doing a 25 page soft cover book this spring title “The Flow of Light”. Just a personal book of my favorite photos and put my instrumental music in the back. Bringing my photography and music together. I think everyone should look at doing that. Our photography sits on a computer and the music sits in a box. Self publish a book of your work. I’ve done a few and to see my images on paper in a book all together is really a good feeling.

Thanks again :camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash::guitar::guitar::guitar::pray::camera_flash:

1 Like

I did another edit. Just wanted to share it with you. More movement and cropping.
:camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash:

1 Like

You are right about that. I have actually never put my photography in a book. I have made some prints, which are fun to see. Which company do you use to print the books?

I’ve used Blurb , Mixbook , Shutterfly. All do well and all can have small issues. I suggest do a soft cover 25 page book first and see how it goes.

1 Like

It’s good that you’re experimenting. Keep it up.

I like your latest revision best. What bothered me in previous versions was the sky. It looked blown out and it distracted me. Here’s a revision of your revision that tones the sky down even more and, in my view, balances the elements of the image better.

This is just my taste. It’s your judgment that counts.

Looks good I left the sky in to catch the movement on me twisting the camera. All the versions of this photo work in some ways. It all depends on what you’re looking for. Thanks for showing interest.