Colour My World

Similar, next image in sequence:

Description:

Title, for lack of a better one. :slight_smile:
Continuing with some images captured from our get together at Point Reyes recently. I was enamored with the variety of color. This was captured in the same general area as my previous Landscape and ICM images.

Posting two consequetive images. Same scene, just rendered slightly differently due to motion/speed of movement. The settings were the same on the camera.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Your feedback, comments and suggestions always welcome. I’m specifically curious as to your preference. I’m pretty sure I have a preference, but won’t say why at this point. Curious as to your reactions and comments.

Thank you for looking and commenting!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D800E, 28-300mm @28mm(different crops), f/11 1/4s iso 100.

2 Likes

Wonderful!! I prefer the first one – the lines are calmer, for lack of a better term. They seem more deliberate in where they are going. But I can’t find fault with either.

Like Diane, I think this is wonderful, but unlike Diane I prefer the second one as I am attracted to textured images, and the second version is very much as though a vertical texture has been applied. The combination of colours and narrow tonal range make this a gentle feast for the eyes.

Hi Lon, both are wonderful impressionistic images but I prefer the first one. I like the wider composition which allows room for the graceful lines of the grasses to extend from corner to corner. I also prefer the softer colors especially the reds and subtle oranges. I do find both images are well executed but the first one speaks to me more. Awesome images either way!

Lon, these are excellent. I vote for number one. Well done.

They are both excellent abstracts. I couldn’t decide which one I liked more. The first one has a greater sense of movement. I think I like it a tad more.