Come and Get It

Sony A77II
Sony 70-400G-II @ 250mm
ISO 400, 1/1000 @ f8
Because we were on a small ship we were able to approach this group of humpbacks bubble netting one afternoon. I quickly learned that the gulls flocked to the place where the whales were going to surface so I was able to predict fairly accurately where the action would be. All comments welcome. >=))>

1 Like

Being able to anticipate what the wildlife may do next is certainly a huge advantage in capturing excellent photos such as this. Really nice action and I like the shades of blue from dark to light. The water spray adds another element of action and movement. Well done.

This is just a cool scene. What a treat to be able to watch these whales in action.

Superb timing on this, Bill. Iā€™m not sure, but this looks a little blue on my screen.

Bill, great job in figuring out to watch the gulls. That set you up for a truly fine shot of this bubble feeding action. I really like the mix of whales and sky full of gulls in a world of blue.

What a great opportunity and a very nice capture of the action, Bill! Composition and detail is very good. The only thing I can see for improvement would be the fairly strong blue cast.