Specific Feedback Requested

This is for the weekly challenge. Just general feedback please

Technical Details

Shutterspeed 1/2000
F/5.6
ISO 800

Processed in lightroom and Topaz denoise

3 Likes

Hi Sarah. That is just really cool. I like how you’ve framed him. I think it’s the legs but he looks prehistoric to me.

Thanks Cameron, yes, he does have a bit of a prehistoric look to him.

1 Like

While I like the landing pose with the wings back, the bird is far too tight in the frame, so tight that the top wing tip is clipped. You don’t mention if this is full frame or not so I don’t know if you have more room all the way around the image.

It will be ideal if you have some more space for the spoonbill. Position in the frame is good, but some extra space would keep spoonie’s wing intact…Jim

Hi Sarah. This is another good frozen-in-time capture. The colors and overall sharpness are good. I don’t have any new suggestions other than what was mentioned previously. If at all possible, having a less tight crop could enhance the image impact more. As is, a viewer cannot see how close to the water the roseate spoonbill is. It is not crucial, but having that extra space would create a stronger capture. The wing clip on the top might be also addressed with a less tight crop.

Thanks for your feedback Keith, I will have to check the original image. I don’t think I have any space above him, but perhaps below. There may have been vegetation in the foreground that I cropped out.

Thanks Jim, I’ll see if I have more space in the original

Thanks Egidio, I’ll see if I can fix that.

Very nice capture of this Spoonbill, Sarah! Exposure, colors and focus are all excellent. Everyone else has already given you the same useful critiques that I would so I have nothing else to add.