Aperture: f/16
Shutter Speed: 1/200s
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Exposure Comp.: 0EV
Exposure Tuning:
Metering: Matrix
ISO Sensitivity: ISO 400
Unfortunately VR was off, wish I knew it

Nishand, the VR being off really had little effect on this picture. It is decently sharp, although it could use a little more. The problem lies in the processing, or lack thereof. The colors are flat and dull and there is little tonality. I do think a good picture is hiding here. If you use Photoshop, you can up the vibrancy, up the exposure, darken the midtones with a levels adjustment and la voila—a different picture emerges.

With your permission, I can use a screen copy, do the processing, and send it to you or post it here, whichever you prefer.

The Adobe Standard color profiles for Nikon cameras do not portray the best interpretation of the colors in your raw files. Find and use a color profile for your camera and make subtle adjustments to get the contrast and highlights up to par. Crop this one tighter so that the butterfly has less space on the left. Otherwise, you have a lot of potential in this image that needs to be addressed…Jim

Thank you very much, for your advice Mr. Jim, will try your suggestions

So kind of you, Mr. Phil. Still a long way to go in post processing. Kindly post it here itself. There is lot to learn. Thank you very much

With your permission, then. Here are the steps I took:

1. Auto exposure for a base
  2. changed leaf hues to slightly more green
  3. Used levels to darken mid-tones about 15% and raise brightness about ten percent
  4. Sharpened entire image about 20%

When you do any of these things, do them on an adjustment layer or duplicate layer, not the original image. CTRL Z removes the previous step if it doesn’t look good to you.

Thank you very much, Mr Phil for guiding me. Will try to learn post processing. Great image it turned out to be.

with regards
Nishand Venugopal