Common Silverline

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Cigaritis vulcanus; From my archives
6DII , 180 Tamron, 7.1

Balan Vinod

Technical Details

6DII , 180 Tamron, 7.1

1 Like

He is a beauty, Balan. I like how the leaves are framing him. You have a nice smooth BG, and the color contrast between the BF and the plant is nice. Great details in the BF.

1 Like

Nice shot, Balan. We only have one species of this in Korea. It’s in good condition - and I like how you caught the hairs on the leaves too.

It’s hard to take my eyes off this wee wonder. So many beautiful features you’ve captured for us - those incredible wings, of course, with their flying tails, but oh I really love the stripey little body. So fuzzy. And the eye is mesmerizing. Just how you could get it to pose so beautifully for you is incredible. You are a butterfly whisperer even if it was a bit chilly out.

At first I wasn’t sure about the plant and how vibrantly green it is, but I think now I’ve sat here studying it with my coffee, I think the lighter luminosity plus the complementary colors work to keep us looking at the butterfly, but with such corresponding detail it feels natural. Did that make any sense at all? Oy vey, sometimes I just can’t make the words come out right. Anyway, what a lovely creature and I’m honored to have seen it. We share our planet with wonders.

Kristen very kind of you to write so much for my picture. I wish to thank you for the words " You are a butterfly whisperer " …There is a reason for that…If this term came from the " The elephant Whisperers" that got an Oscar…Here is the interesting part …

… I was born an brought up 30 kilometers from the location of " the elephant whisperers" … have crawled through those forests, done several elephant census …

Thanks a lot for your words

Balan Vinod

1 Like