Winters Morning

We had some fog in the morning and the light was not sharp enough. This pea blue gave me ample time to compose.
6D2, 180 Tamron, ISO400, 1/80@5.6

Balan Vinod

A very fine look at this little guy, Balon. I like how he is positioned on the leaf of the plant, where the drooping leaf almost appears to be an extension of him. I also like the backlighting on him. A very nice background to make him stand out. I wonder if maybe you might could have bumped the f-stop up one or two stops just to give more DOF on the plant and leaf itself, although that might have made the wonderful soft background busier.

Balan: My first thought when viewing this was that I would like it cropped to a vertical but the more I look at it the more I like the comp as is. Really good placement of the butterfly in the frame and the other small elements and BG work great for me. Nice find and a terrific capture.>=))>

Balan, the details in the bf stand out well with the soft back lighting. I’m with Bill, initially thinking that a vertical crop might work, but liking the minimalist approach that the full frame adds, especially with the mix of subtle tones in the background.

Balan,

Wonderful capture. I’m going to go along with the comments so far that I like the horizontal comp as presented given there is such a pleasing and complimentary background. Well done.

Lon

I love the color and texture in the butterfly. I also am thinking of taking some of the right side off because I tend to drift to the right. That would make it more a 1:1 ratio which I am not a big fan of. I do love the thin blade of grass and it looks like something is going to happen fast and the butterfly is just hanging on. Awesome photo really.

Hi Balan,

This one snuck by me and enjoy this image as presented. Well done…Jim