Perspective

My intend was to take a normal picture with some back light. My tripod would not get low enough, the common silver line kept changing the angle.
Later during post processing, I noticed that the image gave out more of the hind side of the butterfly, which is a decoy to ward off any predators.
Let know your thoughts…

6D2, 24mm ext , 1.4 tc, 12 mm ext, 180 Tamron, ISO 800, 1/160, F9

Balan Vinod

Balan, this is a good look at a beautiful butterfly (hopefully someone can identify). I like the backlighting, leaving a nice rim around him. I wish those to round bright spots in the background weren’t there. I know it would have cut a couple of stops (which in macro is precious) of light but for the leaves I believe a polarizing filter would have helped them. Still, an excellent photo. You really did a great job and being parallel with the butterfly, and so he seems pretty sharp throughout, but most importantly, his eyes are sharp.

Shirley …sorry did not mention the name here . Its the common silverline / Cigaritis vulcanus

Well, you did mention “common silver line” but you were talking about getting your tripod low in the same sentence, and not knowing there was a butterfly by that name, I thought it was something on your tripod that prevented you getting low enough! So my mistake on that one. Thanks for responding though.

Hi Balan,
nice details on the butterfly with interesting lighting. This is a beautiful species. I’d consider taking out the out of focus leaves in the lower left and like Shirley see the two bright spots on the right as a distraction. Still a fine capture though.