Contemplation

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This photo was taken at Norris Geyser Basin in Yellowstone National Park during a workshop with Jennifer Renwick and David Kingham. It was nearing sunset and the sun was casting a golden glow over the landscape lighting up the steam and gilding the water in the hot springs.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback is appreciated.

Technical Details

1/160 sec. @ f10, ISO 160

2 Likes

Ooooh, I love that golden light Chris. You got just enough of the boardwalk, and the contemplator to make this sing. Nice one.

@Ed_Williams Thank you.

My first thought was of someone entering hell. That’s not a negative comment. It’s a unique and mysterious image that different viewers will see in different ways. The light is gorgeous.

@Don_Peters
Thanks, Don.

My first though was that this was taken off of the Firehole Lake drive, where there’s a very similar boardwalk and fence with tons of heavy mist, so now I’m having to think about where at Norris this was…I do have a guess. The golden glow, the boardwalk and person make a very mysterious and inviting scene. You’ve filled the frame well with the glowing mist.

@Mark_Seaver Thanks for your critique, Mark.