Contemplation

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

There was still time to do some photography at Laguna del Lagarto before we left and I was pleased to catch this Black Vulture in a contemplative pose.

Specific Feedback

How’s the crop? Anything else?

Technical Details

Sony A1, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 575 mm, monopod, f/9, 1/100, iso 2500, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 6096x4734. The head was closer to the top of the frame than I liked for the pose, so I added a touch of canvas up there using content aware fill. Taken February 21st at 7:28 a.m.

Love the detail and textures in the bird. He’s a real looker for a vulture. The BG sets him off very nicely. The crop looks good to me. Nice frame.

Looks like it was contemplating why is that person pointing that monstrous thing at me… :grinning: The details in both the bird and it’s perch are great and it’s well separated from the background.

A good title. The vulture appears deep in thought. Good detail in the blacks. Nice background and composition.