Cormorant catch II

Another image of the Cormorant catching what I think is some kind of sea sculpin. Ding Darling NWR, Sanibel Island, FL.

Canon 7D2, Sigma 150-600 C, monopod
ISO 400, f7.1, 1/1250s

Any comments appreciated.

ig: allensparks.wildlife

1 Like

Great catch , for both of you ! Love these kind of shots - pressed the shutter at the right moment. Great job ! Cheers, Hans

Allen, this is even better, I think. You can see the face of the dinner as it heads where it would rather not go. Damage to the side of the critter is visible as well. Very emotive image. Great timing on your part.

2 Likes

Excellent timing. A great angle of view for the shot to show the action as well.

I’m not sure who is intending to eat whom in this one, Allen! That’s a mean looking fish. Excellent action and timing. A fine image.

Perfect timing and to get the fish’s head with the mouth open is a real bonus. Great shot.

Killer capture (in more ways than one) Allen! Great light and detail. I’m guessing it would be a bit painful if it swallowed that fish backwards! It looks like its got lots of spines.

Amazing timing Allen. The detail and color with the light came out very well. Not one if the fish better days. Thanks or posting the capture details, I wondered how you pulled this off, perfect setup for it and how you framed the composition is wonderful