Corn to be

After my wife and I had finalized shooting at the coast-line of the southern part of Sweden, when going back to our car we passed this field. We where both intrigued by the sow lines, this is my take of the scene.

The green lines are obvious, but there are also lines in the soil in the foreground.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

3 Likes

I really like this, Ola! The way the green corn lines curve off into the distance, and how they also contrast with each other (curve vs. straight) is eye-catching. I also like the two-color aspect of this…green and dark brown…which to my eye contrast nicely with each other. I’m glad you caught this corn field in this early growth stage!

Oh, what an effective image! So enjoyable to look at.

This is the kind of image I would like to get sometime locally since I am in a very agricultural area with some very black soil. I love the light and the curving lines. Well done.

Ola, the lines of new corn are very striking, with the mix of big curves and straight lines. Having them extend all the way to the frame top creates a sense that they go on forever.

Echoing what everyone has said - this is so well done. Subtle, but very striking and eye-catching. Another aspect of new beginnings is that you have corn in Sweden. If memory serves, corn originated in Peru and other areas in South America. It migrated northward eventually becoming a staple in Central America and Mexico before making its way even further north. When the famous pilgrims reached New England they infamously stole the local Indian’s seed corn and nearly started a war. Massasoit was less than pleased, but forgave and war was saved for another day.

But I’m rambling…the point is that corn was a new food source (like the potato) that came from “the new world” and helped European countries overcome shortages and famine. New beginnings indeed.

Great lines and excellent way to turn a farm scene abstract. Looks great.

@Ronald_Murphy, @Kris_Smith, @Harley_Goldman, @Mark_Seaver, @Mark_Muller and @karlag thanks for your kind comments. Mark S., I tried a few different compositions such as including some larger trees in the background having the lines leading you to the trees, but I liked this infinte lines image better.