Crash 2

This image is closer to sunset on the same shoot as one of my previous posts where I was shooting big waves crashing into rocks and trying to freeze the action and show all the water drops.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Nikon D810 w/Tamron 100-400mm Lens @300mm
ISO 640
F/6.3, 1/800 sec

2 Likes

I like these kind of splash shots. They can be hard to show the white of the splash when backlit by the setting sun, but you’ve found a perfect time and angle so that the splash is nice and white. Cool image!

Thank you @Mark_Muller ! Glad you like it! I haven’t really been too sure if anyone else likes these types of images. I like them and really enjoy shooting them but maybe I’m going crazy haha.

Glen,

Love, love, the sunset colors accenting the details and action of the splashing wave.

ONly suggestion I have - and it goes against my comment about loving the colors… would be to crop slightly off the left in order to remove the brighter yellow/orange pages. Or perhaps you could alter them slightly in processing. Not a big deal at all, just a .02 thought.

Great work and must have been great fun!

Lon

Glenn! This is super cool! I love the pastels here. Killer image. I would not change anything, personally!

Thank you Lon! I see what you mean, I’ll either crop like you suggest or maybe darken those spots on the left edge.

Thanks Matt! Thats good to hear. I have been a little unsure of this one but they are fun to shoot and I’ll try to improve on these.

Love the kinetic abstraction in this Glenn. Beautiful pastel colours. I would try bringing down the saturation of the bright yellow sections near the edges a small amount, but that’s just a minor point. Great image.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback @AndreDonawa , I will be adjusting those areas for sure. Thanks again!

When I saw the thumbnail I immediately thought about a car driving through a car wash with soap on the windshield. Holy cow. How wet did you get shooting these waves?? What a great scene and the colors are fantastic. I can’t say that I’d change anything about this. Well done!

Thank you David! I was up on a ledge so didn’t get wet at all although I was a little nervous at times when a big set would come through.