Wave ICM

Had a bit of fun this morning trying some ICMs at the beach, it took a while to work out the right angle and shutter speed to get something a liked and I also thought a lot of my shots were out of focus when looking at the camera screen but for the most part they were all fine. What do you think of this one? I have more to share from this shoot but will likely go out again tomorrow and try again.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

ISO 64, 400mm, 1/13 sec at f/14
Cropped to 16 x 9 to remove dead space at top

4 Likes

Glenn, you’ve obviously got a thing about waves and water. Living where you do, I wonder why :wink:

This one is just lovely and it drew me into the centre of the rolling surf as soon as I saw it. Had an emotional impact, and I like that it isn’t too blurred.

Wonderful. Cheers.

Thank you Phil! Glad you like this one. Shooting the water is fun and I always discover something and then go back and try to improve. I like shooting other subjects as well of course like mountains and forests but have struggled a bit here on Oahu.

That’s very nice Glenn! I don’t think it’s too blurred. I always love to see the sun shine through the waves like it is in the upper middle left.

1 Like

Gorgeous! You found the magic balance! My only thought is to wonder about the blue in the UR – its different color pulls my eye a bit. Maybe bend to match the blues in the rest of the image by adding some yellow?

1 Like

Thanks @Cameron_Wilcox and @Diane_Miller! I’ll give your suggestion a try and see how it looks :slight_smile:

Eye candy Glenn. I think the comp works very well, and love the blends of blue/yellow and soft/sharp.

1 Like

Thank you @John_Williams! Really happy you like it!

Glenn,

Gorgeous. And if I didn’t want to make any other comment, that’s all that would be needed. :slight_smile:
Love this. Not only the motion and the classic curve of the wave, but I also love the colors. Just beautiful.

Only suggestion I have would be a slight burn up top just to help keep the eye in the frame. But that’s my only thought.

Lon

That’s a beauty!!! Nice one Glen. Love the colours and the sun shining through the back. I agree with the others and find the top of the image a bit distracting. I like the suggestions from @Lon_Overacker and @Diane_Miller . I think evening out the contrast between the TR ( the dark blue area) and TL(bright foam) would also help to keep the focus on the rest of the wave.