Crossed Up

Along a really nice creek in Idaho. This whole area was crazy colorful.

D810, Tokina 24-70mm

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

This feel like an awkward focal length for this particular scene. I think that moving backward and shooting tighter would be much more effective. The arrangement of trunks is nice but I would like to see more of them, maybe portrait orientation?

Colours are great but the dark greens on the right feel like they’re intruding. Processing looks great, no critique there.

1 Like

Harley, I like the excellent array of colors in this one. I do also like the crossed logs with the one entering or exiting the scene in the LRHC. The framing of the right & left main vertical trees helps keeps us focused in the main area of the photograph.
The evergreen is a slight distraction, but not a real nit IMO…:sunglasses:

I love this Harley. The opposing diagonals in the FG draw my eyes into the scene and they just naturally follow through the entire scene. Beautiful color and a delightful composition.

This is nice Harley,…the diagonal is perfect and the red bush is nice,
Just a screen scroll but cropping off the top greens looks nice.

This is the best of your log images. The comp is more complex, inviting the eye to explore the entire canvas. I downloaded a copy and increased the yellows which gave it a more painterly look. You could try that.

The edges just feel a little too bright to me. Adding a subtle vignette to this will help draw more focus to your subject and make the composition more apparent.

You have some great color here and the comp works for me. No suggestions and nice shot.

This is sweet, Harley. Beautiful mix of warm colors and great composition. Processing looks good to me. Maybe a slight burn of the timber.

Like this one a lot Harley. the dynamic of the diagonal log and the subtle criss-cross works really well here. And I think you managed the brightness of the log quite well this time. Also like the understated color throughout. Well done and nicely seen

Lon

The array of autumn color is lovely and I like the lines of the trees both standing and fallen, Harley. When opening the large version I get to savor all the details as I wander about the scene. The evergreen along the right edge is a small nit, but I am not sure what to do about it other than cropping it off. Anyway, this is nicely done.

Harley, you have already received a number of comments on this shot, but this one is my favorite of the series you have posted from this location. The variety of warm autumn colors here is outstanding. This location has turned out to be a goldmine for autumn color in the ground cover.