Dahlia

Have been absent from this Board due to family, projects, life. I miss it! One project is a show opening tomorrow. 7 photographers - 70 photographs - entitled “Naturally Colorado” Its at the Curtis Center for the Arts in Greenwood Village, Colorado. If anyone is interested the show runs from tomorrow through October 26 and is a benefit for Nature’s Educators, a wildlife rescue and education group. Raptors will be in the gallery tomorrow night. The opening reception is from 6 to 8 PM tomorrow and will have a complimentary wine bar and a catered spread. The photography is all from Colorado , no cultivated flowers permitted, but some wild flower photos are in the show.

At any rate, I did get out to the Botanic Gardens for a bit this week and the dahlias were superb. I shot this one with a D850, 105 macro lens, tripod, live view, reflector, diffuser and a remote trigger.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

That is perfect! Really beautiful. I’m impressed with your dedication to making such a great flower photo. Congrats on your show, also.

Thanks Bonnie! I appreciate that. I am usually on here a lot but the show and many other things have kept me preoccupied.

Kathy,

Stunning, beautiful. Adjectives are not enough.

I can just picture a photographer in the gardens holding up reflectors, diffuser, etc… :smiley:

Best of luck with the show!

Lon

Thanks Lon re the flower and the show!

Kathy: Classic dahlia comp for a reason. Frame filling fantastic, especially the color and light. Superbly crafted image. >=))>

Very much like the soft light here. Goes great with this subject.