Dancing

Here they dance
Slow around the biggest tree
To please my eye

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All feedback is more than welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

I love the greens here for both their luminosity and color. They seem so fresh and full of life. I prefer greens that are more yellowish than cyan. The overall warm interpretation works for me. There are a few sun spots in the undergrowth that really aren’t worth mentioning.

Beautiful gesture here Ben…I love the lines and balance. The colors are a bit heavily processed for my eye, but this is a matter of taste.

Another vote in favor of the greens and yellows of the leaves here, that strong color helps create separation of foreground from background. The composition is nicely handled, i think you included just enough of the leaves on the left-most tree.

To me this is almost like the trees on the right are bowing to the tree on the left, it’s pretty interesting.

This is extremely enjoyable, Ben. I agree with all of the thoughts of others on the warmness of the colors and I love the contrast between the brighter greens against the darker greens. The only weakness is just a couple of bright spots that could be removed or darkened.

Firstly this looks like a beautiful woodland. I really love the comp in this image and the tonal contrast between the greens. The balance in the comp works well because the leaves on the right side of the frame bend inwards towards the main trunk. The light hitting the left trunk add a dimension and separation to it. The reflected light of the trunks in the background trees also adds a nice detail to the overall image. The inclusion of leaf growth towards the top left of the frame saves the branches from getting abruptly cut off.
The only nit pick for me is I would include more of the right leaves and add a bit of orton effect to the brighter leaves.

What immediately struck me upon seeing this was that the main tree looked to be spinning around - dancing, as you said. I thought perhaps bringing up the light parts of the trunk while keeping the darks would make that even more striking. Here’s my thought. Wonderfully seen!

Exquisite light Ben! Beautiful composition as well. I love the angled treetops on the right side of the image. Well seen.