Follow me

Look at me dancing
The small ones will follow
While we all stand still

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All feedback is more then welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

I love the sweeping shape of the tree Ben. Only suggestion would be to slightly darken the sky in upper right corner.

Well done Ben - beautifully framed and captured. The title and sentiments are quite fitting as well.

What came to mind, is “filling the frame” You’ve certainly done that with the expanse of the tree canopy. But even beyond that this is very expressive where the arms are seemingly reaching backwards while the main tree trunk looks forward? Make me think of a dancer, a ballerina prancing across the stage in a leap with arms and dress flowing behind… ok, not the most eloquent description, but hopefully you get the idea.

Lon

Okay, this is probably a first for NPN, as I offer a rework of your haiku :grin:

Look at me dancing
The small ones will follow
As I touch the sky

This tree is just so expressive, and full of energy. The allusion to dancing is very appropriate for this image. I agree with @Eva_McDermott. If you can tone down the sky highlights in the URC, it will place more emphasis on the expressive form of the tree. And your processing looks very good here, lots of detail in the leaves despite the very harsh contrast of a sunny day in the forest interior.

Thank you @Eva_McDermott for this fine comment and the tip of course .

Many thank’s @Lon_Overacker for your nice comment !

@Ed_McGuirk, First Ed ,that is a great rework of the haiku. Thank’s for the tip from you and Eva !

I’m glad that you thought it helped.

All I could think of when I saw this was the tree was was a dancer with arms upraised and reaching towards the sky.

I love this. It’s so graphics and yes I can immediately see the dance, too. Very well seen, very well done, Ben!

1 Like