Dancing

I was experience a lot of trouble to get everything tack sharp with a blazing wind…
if you can beat it…
so I decide to (literary) go with the flow with a longer shutter speed (that cost me the main bark is not in focus/sharp.

It’s a big mess but i kind of like it

Specific Feedback Requested

C/C welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D810
Nikon 70-200

3 Likes

@joaoquintela , A real dancing forest. I like the composition and color. The moving leaves give that extra. Well done !
I did try a quick rework. I made a small crop and think it is making your image more exiting . Hope you like it.

Very creative concept @joaoquintela the wind has given this the look of an ICM image, yet the trees are (mostly) stationary. It grabs your attention because it looks like an ICM, but with elements that would not be in an ICM, so it makes you stop and think. This juxtaposition is further enhanced by the bold colors of the leaves being contrasted against the dark black tree trunks. It is a bit busy, but I think this study in contrasts works pretty well.

I like this a lot, @joaoquintela. I also like Ben’s crop since it did remove the “non-active” part of the image. I find myself wondering if you took a faster shutter speed image to lock in the tree bark focus? If so, you might could blend the sharpness of the bark back into the scene. Just an idea. The mix of green and yellow looks great and it conveys the wind intensity quite nicely!

@Bill_Chambers I did try to do that, but was really windy I couldn’t manage to align thinks together…

1 Like

I think this is a very challenging task you’ve set before you but the rewards could be great. The challenge, as I see it, is to have the tree’s branches complement the movement of the grass. The goal would be to have branches bent in the same manner to as the direction of the streaks of blurred grass. That way each makes the other more than it is. The problem is that you can set up with the proper branches but you won’t know what the grass will do until you see the finished product. It’s a trial and error sort of thing. There are sections of this image where there is this synergy between the two but it would require a severe crop. I think this is one of those great learning images that you use to move ahead. I think it’s good but there I just see more potential. It feels like a whole new world has been discovered.

I like it! I did some long exposure in the woods a few years ago during foliage season. Get a good windy and overcast day and you can do a lot. Sturdy trees make better counterpoints though so maybe next time. Either that or take a quick shot and blend the two.

Well put Igor. I think @joaoquintela may have inspired some of us to think outside the box like this. This meshing of moving/stationary has a lot of creative possibilities.

Thank you all for your comments,
Lately I was a little absente because I’m been very busy, with a lot going on with my personal life; my younger daughter just been accepted in Sibelius University in Helsinki and myself just been accepted to start my degree in Artistic Studies. It will be fun.

2 Likes