Decisions, decisions

Hey everybody,

Yesterday i decided to skip some sleep hours and go shot the sunrise.
The rain and chosen spot didnt help but still it was a great sunrise and i ended up with some mildly interessing shots. Two of them (of the same subject) that im a bit torn of wich one to “keep”.

Image 1

On this image i like the fog on the background. Even with a short DOP i think it creates a mystic ambience.
Image 2

This one, IMO, has the better light.

Wich do you guys prefer?
Thanks in advance,
Cheers

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any and everyone you guys can give.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Again any is very welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Both images are single shots, on tripod, both PP with Masks to add saturation and some Dodge and Burn locally.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@jferrao88

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Interesting shots Joao, as they are I prefer the second one. I like the tighter crop.
But I also like the misty background of the first one so I wonder what it would look like with the tighter crop?

I really like the top one Joao, however has Ryan stated the crop version keeps the observer from not drifting away. I too would like to see the top one cropped

Thanks you so much @Ryan_H and @Dean_Salman i’ll try to put a re-crop latter today to compare.
Cheers.

So here is the re-croped version

João,

For me, I think these are both about the details upfront; primarily the autumn leaves, along with the grass/dew and trunk details. with that, the bg atmosphere creates a nice backdrop and your selective focus and dof emphasizes between the two.

I also prefer the cropped 1st version. I do like the warmth reflecting in the water of the second version - but the highlighted warmth up top in the bg I find a little more distracting.

Lon

Thank you @Lon_Overacker .

Maybe later ill try to lower the highligths on the warmth part to see if its less distracting.

Cheers