Del Norte Salamander

An adult Del Norte Salamander (Plethodon elongatus) exhibiting a piebald pattern aberrancy.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon d7200, 90mm, 1/250th, iso 100, flash used (diffused flash on hot shoe, secondary diffused flash facing the animal)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@charina.photography

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Very nice. The flash looks natural, and everything else looks great. TY for post

1 Like

Very nice close up of this little guy, Del. The focus is tack sharp where it needs to be, the eyes and face. The lighting, as Steven mentioned, looks natural. I like the position of the Salamander as well.

1 Like

Josh: Nice find and a fine capture. I like your DOF/POF choice especially. :+1::+1:>=))>

1 Like

Very nice depth of field. Flash is nice and soft. Well done…Jim

1 Like

Hi Joshua, very nice. I like the composition with the critical focus on the head and being able to see the rest of the salamander curved in the back of the frame. well done.

1 Like

Joshua, this is a good look at this little salamander. While this color pattern may be abnormal, it blends in well with the bark that it’s on.

1 Like