Olympic Torrent Salamander

An adult Olympic Torrent Salamander found earlier this month. This species occurs in waterfall splash zones and seeps of headwater streams.

Nikon D7200, Opteka 15mm macro, 1 second, f16, iso 160, no flash, circular polarizer.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Ant

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Any

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A wonderful capture of this little guy, Joshua. I just love his pose. The rock that he is perched on was a nice setting, putting him up where you can see the splash of the waterfall behind him. The speed of that water is really nice as well. Just thinking that maybe darkening the background just a little bit might draw the eye even more to the subject. I find the top left a bit bright and the leaves to the right a bit distracting. It is a wonderful setting, pose and overall great composition. Great find and capture.

1 Like

Joshua: What a great find and the setting is icing on a very fine cake. I like your DOF choice especially and the focus on the eye. Most excellent.>=))>

1 Like

Joshua, this is a great catch, showing the salamander well as well as showing off where it lives.
The heads up pose of the salamander and the details in its eyes are very eye catching.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback. I will see what darkening that corner does.

1 Like

excellent image of salamander in its habitat. Great choice of the lens and dof. perfect composition with the waterfall behind. nice pose as well.

1 Like