Devils Punchbowl Area, CA

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Nice solid composition. The color cast you have chosen for this image is interesting. It works for me. I thought the branches up top were unnecessary. I was wrong. I might raise the shadows behind the water at the bottom of the falls. What makes this image for me is that long El Capitan curve on the right and the water at the bottom, essentially the lower part of the image.

I love the composition you have created, you have made very effective use of framing element to surround the falls. The curved rock on the right is especially nice. This is a very sophisticated composition, good job of seeing this. I also like your choice of color here for the rocks, they are very warm and inviting.

I have three suggestions to take this nice image up another notch. I would some vignetting along the frame edges to draw more attention to the center. I would shift the greens more green and cool, to create more red/green color contrast against the rocks. And I would clone away the branches in the ULC, to me they are more of a distraction than a framing element. Here is a rework reflecting my comments.