Dimorphism

This is a Red Weaver-ant mimicking jumper. I have in the past seen this species a couple of time, and they are always on the move, like how the weaver would keep moving. It took me an hour may be to get to terms. Shot withing my premises
6DII, 70-200 F4L, 2 Extension tubes, raynox, f 22, 1/80, iso 800, flash with a diffuser.

Balan Vinod

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

balanvinoddotcom
1 Like

Interesting fellow, Balan. Love the detail you have gotten in his eye and his expression! Also like the soft background as it help me focus on his head. Very nicely seen and captured.

Balan, this is a really interesting creature you captured here. Never saw anything like it before. Excellent details in the eyes. The light color oof BG makes him stand out nicely. Nice lighting too. That is some patience, an hour to capture this shot!

Many thanks Shirley, Thats the male jumping spider of the species.

Balan

1 Like

Thanks Linda for your kind words…

Balan

Hi Balan,

The details in the plane of focus are amazing. I like this one as presented…Jim

Great sharpness where it matters, and set off very well against the BG. Congrats, Balan!

Balan, the details that you got in this little spider’s face are excellent (sure looks like an Ant!). Sounds like quite a chore getting decent photos, way to stick with it.