Diversification

My contribution to the weekly challenge:

Diversification
Palouse, WA

3 Likes

Awesome, Marylynne. The Palouse is a great subject for this challenge, and you did it full justice.Marvelous layers and lines. Sometime in April?

Thanks Dennis. It was Memorial Day weekend 2018. Planting was late (light was filtered) so it was a challenge to get the classic greens with light and shadow. I went in a different direction and several keepers.
ML

A bit later in the year than I thought, but it’s been over thirty years since I lived in Pullman.

Nice layers and curves. You might consider reducing the magenta saturation in the background just a bit. I could also see this with just a smidge more contrast, but overall this is very nice image in subdued light.
–P

Thanks, Preston. The colors and contrast were a challenge that whole weekend. I made some adjustments to contrast and that bg magenta.

Wonderful Marylynne! Can only repeat… great lines, layers and a top-notch entry for the challenge. I like the first presentation, minus the magenta Preston mentions.

The cluster of trees is perfect for an eye rest. glad though that we can’t see the farm house… :wink:

Lon

This is an astounding look at the Palouse, Marylynne. The bands of color and the shapes look great. The small collection of trees sets off all of the smooth contours well. The colors are amazing. The subdued light and its limited luminosity lets you pull out some “Tony Kuyper” like colors.

Beautifully conceived and executed. i guess you could play with the various tones and hues all day, producing different images but each, I suspect, a winner.

Marylynne, this is a terrific assortment of layers, and Palouse is the perfect location to photograph them. The assortment of colors is outstanding. I would love to go there, but just too far for me.

This is just gorgeous and is one of the nicest Palouse pictures I’ve seen. I love the fine detail, the new sprouts and rows, and the little group of evergreens. Lovely soft tones and colors.

I really like the repost! The color layers and contrast look wonderful.

Well done!
-p

Marylynne: I lived in Spokane in my pre-photography life and travelled through the Palouse many times without a second thought. How I would love to get back there again. Marvelous patterns and colors and great textures. Most excellent.>=))>

1 Like

This has to be one of the most beautiful takes on the Palouse landscape. The light, lines and soft colors are all working together brilliantly. Couldn’t ask for more.

1 Like

stunning. nothing else that hasn’t been said.
S

Beautiful textures and soft color palette, nice lines and light.