Feeling Green

Hi Everyone,
Here is my contribution to the weekly challenge: Single Color. I really like single color images, and I have some brown fields as well, but this is my perennial (pun intended) favorite.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Is the stasis of the square, single-color composition captivating enough. For me, it provides a sense of calm, zen-like meditation. I’m weird that way though.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Single image, cropped and processed lightly in LR

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

I like the smooth curves and subtle shadings, Marylynne. The Palouse is one of my favorites and this captures it very well.

Marylynne,

Beautiful image from the Palouse; great layers, curves lines - and of course color. I really think your square crop nails the composition as well.

Never been, but there sure seems like endless photo opportunities there. Fabulous entry!

Lon

Marylynne, the waves of green look great. The variety of attractive green/yellow tones are great as is the sense of movement from the hills.

Marylynne, as others have mentioned and my immediate thoughts were of the Palouse this is an excellent take on the area. And, of course the image fits the WC theme perfectly…:sunglasses:

Lovely graceful lines along with some wonderful lush greens, Marylynne. I have never been to the Palouse, but the photo opportunities with the layering hillsides and shades of green look plentiful.

Marylynne, this is such a classic. I really like being able to see the different shades of greens here.

Marylynne
Just plain gorgeous! Hang it on a wall!

The green works well here (my favorite color). That’s an area I always wanted to visit, unfortunately too far from home for me :frowning_face:.

Beautiful image Marilynn. I love these greens. This is Oregon’s answer to the dunes at Death Valley.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. The Palouse is a special place.
ML