Spring Greens

Not quite sure this meets the requirements, but plenty of yellow/greens in the grasses, moss and growth that proliferates in many places, this along the Merced river. And technically not spring as this was captured back in February. Anyway, here’s an entry for the WC.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

I think rendering these vibrant yellow/greens of mosses, grasses, etc., are the most difficult. Sometimes not doing anything and the saturation is too much. then when you make adjustments it’s easy to lose all the lustre. Not to mention your mind’e eye, what you think you remember, and what’s realistic. So, how’d I do with color/sat?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any, all. Yes, there’s a predominant color here, but I’m not sure this is about color per se and so that’s why I’m not sure if it’s a great entry…

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

2-image focus stack (lower left, upper right focus)
Nikon D800E, Tamron 70-200mm/2.8, @100mm, f/16 1s iso100

Thanks for any comment, critique!

Lon, a gorgeous scene here. The vertical composition is a perfectly natural rendering too. To your point about post processing I’m seeing what appears to me as excellent sat/cont for this foliage. I could see a slight dampening of highlights as they seem a bit bright. But not a nit just a thought for another look there. Excellent WC image…:+1:

Lon, this fits the theme well, with it’s strong greens. While it may not be about the color, the color makes the image. I think you nailed the color saturation and that is hard with spring greens. It’s too easy to turn the bright greens into dayglow greens. The falling water adds some fine extra interest.

I think the greens are fine here, Lon. It certainly fits with our late winter/early spring greens up here. While the scene may not be all about the color, it certainly is predominantly green, so I think it fits just fine.

First off I love lush greens so I think this fits the WC perfectly, Lon. I was surprised when you mentioned this was taken in February rather than spring because the mosses have that wonderful springtime look to them. The processing looks perfect to me and that small stream of water makes the image for me. No suggestions here as this is nicely done.

Gorgeous. I really enjoy “hopping” from one clump of moss to another guided by the water flow on the left. I am wondering what’s at the bottom of this journey down. Very well seen, Lon.

Beautiful view of spring greens. Makes me hungry for a salad though.

Love this, Lon! The richness of the colors and the fine details are particularly nice. Good job of recording the phospherescence of the mosses. The little waterfall is a nice bonus also. Lots of things to look at so I appreciate the larger version.