Dogwood

I found this dogwood during a May visit to Shenandoah, NP. It has been a few years since I have made a trip to Shenandoah; maybe this year.:grinning:

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Nikon D700, Nikon 80-200 @ 200 mm, f 8 @ 1/20 sec, ISO 200, CPL, cable release & tripod

Ed, the amount of intersecting dogwood flowers makes this horizontal work very nicely. The detail is excellent and provides a calming effect while reviewing the flowers. For the most part when reviewing trees as photographic subjects we’re usually drawn to the colors and or style of the floral or leaves as we see here. Maybe they do it on purpose to catch our photographic wandering eyes…:+1:

Ed, the spray of flowers stands out very well against the background of spring greens. I also like the clear, arching branches in the focal plane. This is a great take from a thick forest.

I like the curve of the flower spray, Ed. A very pleasant scene.

Real nice looking dogwood blooms. I would be inclined to crop up from the bottom to just above the lower left blossom. Either, I like the image.

Lovely Ed. Great job with the selective focus, dof to keep the attention up front on the blossoms.

Agree with Harley on a little crop from the bottom. Color and processing looks great.

Lon

Thanks for your thoughts guys @Paul_Breitkreuz, @Mark_Seaver, @Dennis_Plank, @Harley_Goldman and @Lon_Overacker. Here is a repost with @Harley_Goldman and @Lon_Overacker crop suggestion. I think it tightens up the scene nicely.

I agree, the crop does nicely tighten up the composition.

Small change - bigger improvement. Thanks for taking the time Ed.

The new crop makes this really shine, Ed.