Dot art

I have a folder full of texture images that would be brutal as jigsaw puzzles, but I think this would take the cake! It’s a pretty simple image but I was always attracted to the regular-but-irregular patterns of it, especially after seeing an exhibit of Australian aboriginal dot art at a local museum.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Remind me not to buy any jigsaw puzzles from you, Brent. :laughing: but seriously though, this is pretty cool!!

1 Like

LOL - I have some friends I might give a jigsaw puzzle of this to as a joke.

Cool image though!

1 Like

Brent,

Just downright unfair and mean! Well, at least for all those puzzle aficionados. A great entry - can’t get any more difficult than this! :laughing: :woozy_face:

I think a square crop might improve the overall balance though… :roll_eyes: :rofl:

Fun!

Lon

1 Like

Wow! I think this puzzle would fry my brain before i finished! A cool shot and an incredible puzzle challenge, Brent!

1 Like

Brent, a wild take here on this one for a puzzle. It brought to mind some kind of picture a psychiatrist might hold up and ask me what do I see here? A wild answer back might get you placed in a safe room of sorts…Excellent idea for a puzzle…:sunglasses:

1 Like

@Adhika_Lie @Jim_Oker @Lon_Overacker @Gary_Minish @Paul_Breitkreuz

Thanks everybody! I’m definitely going to keep the puzzle-making to a daydream here :slight_smile:

Nope, no way that I’m doing this as a puzzle, Brent! The pattern here looks great. There are a couple of local ponds that are covered with leaves sort of like this, but they always have a mix of fresh new leaves and old beat up leave, so there’s nothing like the uniformity that you’ve got here. I do enjoy all of the subtle green tones in the larger view

1 Like

Brent: This is another one that I might have as much luck with turning the pieces upside down. :+1::+1:>=))>

2 Likes

Great shot, but that’s just mean to make a jigsaw puzzle out of this! Cool shot though!

1 Like